Every year thousands of workers across Pennsylvania and right here in Bucks County are injured while on the job. According to reports by the National Safety Council, workplace injuries are common in every industry and happen at a rate of one workplace injury every seven seconds. Workers who are injured on the job often find it hard to meet their financial obligations and pay their medical bills. Fortunately, the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation system provides a means for workers who have been injured on the job to recover for their injuries.
The experienced Bucks County Workers’ Compensation lawyers at the law firm of Lerner, Steinberg & Associates know the complexities of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation law. We know the questions that must get answered and the medical documentation that must be gathered to proceed with your claim for the benefits to which you are entitled.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Bucks County
If you are suffering from a work-related injury, illness, or have aggravated an existing condition because of the work you perform you may be entitled to payments for medical expenses and bills as well as lost wages. Under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act you may be entitled to several types of benefits such as:
- Specific Loss Benefits – If you have lost the permanent use of all or part of your thumb, finger, hand, arm, leg, foot, toe, sight, hearing or have a serious and permanent disfigurement on your head, face or neck, you may be entitled to a specific loss award.
- Payments For Lost Wages -Wage-loss benefits are available if it is determined that you are totally disabled and unable to work or partially disabled and receiving wages less than your pre-injury earnings.
- Death Benefits – If the injury results in death, surviving dependents may be entitled to benefits.
- Medical Care – Employers are responsible for advising workers of their rights and duties under Section 306(f.1)(1)(i) of the Act. The written notice of these rights and duties is to be provided to the employee at the time of injury or as soon after the injury as is practicable.
Unfortunately, work injuries and on-site accidents happen every day of the week to employees in Bucks County. If you have been injured on the job contact one of our experienced attorneys today. The Workers’ Compensation system can be incredibly complex hard to navigate on your own. That is why the attorneys at the law firm of Lerner, Steinberg & Associates have been providing legal guidance to all workers in Bucks county, Berks County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Chester County, and in all communities and counties in Pennsylvania.
Injuries Covered By The Workers’ Compensation System
The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act is rather expansive when it comes to deeming an injury or disease eligible for compensation under the Workers’ Compensation system. However, some injuries are more prevalent than others. Some of the more common injuries we see include:
- Sprains and strains – According to reports issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry (DOL) sprains and strains account for nearly 40 percent of all workplace injuries in Pennsylvania.
- Slip-and-fall injuries – many slip and fall claims result from a worker slipping on a wet floor or surface in the workplace. Similar to sprains and strains which are prevalent in every major industry, slip and falls are common in every industry.
- Head injuries – Head injuries are by far some of the worst injuries that a worker can sustain in the workplace. Even minor concussions can have a serious impact on a person’s well-being and functionality.
- Back injuries – Back injuries are another common workplace injury. Back injuries are also a leading cause for workers missing time and days away from work.
In 2016 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index noted that overexertion injuries are one of the most common, if not the most common workplace injury workers sustain in the workplace, and account for nearly twenty-five percent of all workplace injuries.
Our Bucks County Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Are Here To Help
The Bucks County Workers’ Compensation lawyers at Lerner, Steinberg & Associates bring decades of experience to your work-related injury claim. Please contact us immediately upon sustaining an injury from a work-related accident or activity in any Southeast Pennsylvania workplace. Our Workers’ Compensation lawyers can advise you on the best strategy for maximizing benefits, whether as a lump-sum cash settlement or ongoing benefits. We will listen to the details of your case, explain your options, and be there with you every step of the way. Contact us online or call us at (215) 355-6400 for a free consultation with one of our Workers’ Compensation lawyers about your rights and the value of your work-related injury claim.